Friday, June 4, 2010

Random Things About Paris

In Paris, if you buy a car, you don't want it to be perfect and new.  The people here literally park bumper-to-bumper and most cars have the scars to prove it.  Once I noticed this, I began checking all the cars along the streets where I walk and have found it to be true.  No matter how small the car, it is still almost impossible to park along the streets of Paris.  I found these bumper dents and scratches oddly amusing.  Probably from watching too many episodes of Mr. Bean in the past.

In Paris, one must be prepared for the incredible and bizarre on the metro.  Musicians playing their instruments, I can handle.  I enjoy an accordian as much as the next person.  However, a young woman entering the train and screaming out an advertisement for a restaurant is not cool.  Especially when said woman has a scar on her face that appears pirate-like, as if maybe she was in a bar fight and was slashed with a knife or broken bottle.  And then there are the odors of the metro...urine, hot rubber from the tires, body odor...all lovely to behold.

In Paris, there are freshly baked breads and pastries on every corner.  The lovely aroma of these delectible goodies completely makes up for the odors of the metro.  The flavors of these pastries make up for the creepy people you may encounter as well.  Its funny how good food can fix almost anything.

Paris is her own entity - she's feminine yet strong - beautiful but scarred.  She is an experience that is unforgettable.  I'm  incredibly grateful for this opportunity to get to know her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love it... wish I was there... pirate scary girl and all!