So, I'm sitting at the desk in my room playing on Facebook and outside my window I hear a sorta hip hop song in English. So I listen to the words and its that one about "junk in your trunk." And I'm totally cracking up. Hopefully the street will quiet down soon since I'm going to try to get some sleep. I took 2 naps today - and yes, I know, that is NOT how you get over jet lag - but it felt so good!
Today I ventured out into the streets of Paris all alone (God help Paris) and I found a little tiny grocery store that was open which was difficult because it is the Monday of Pentecost and many businesses were closed. Of course, there are no carts since the store is tiny. I choose some cheese and crackers, a bottle of Perrier, and a cheap bottle of rose wine (which was delicious by the way). Only, the wine slipped out of my arms and shattered on the floor of the store before I could pay for it! I was humiliated! I asked if I could pay for it or clean it up but the shop owner refused. So I made my first purchase with euros and found my way back "home." That in itself was amazing because the streets are very winding and confusing. Good thing I have a great sense of direction. LOL!
Ok, I'm really and truly off to bed now.
2 comments:
Sounds so wonderful, but, how do you know the wine was delicious if it shattered on the floor?? :-) Did you get another? I was worried about you leaving but now can't wait to get there.
aw Michele! How crazy-but wat an awesome experience! lol. So happy ur there all safe. I miss you already girl. Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to read more....
Post a Comment