Notre Dame. We have not yet been inside but I was in the neighborhood last evening and took this picture. Can't wait to see inside! Today we toured Le Musee National de Moyan Age. It is a museum about Paris during the Middle Ages. It was spectacular. I love museums anyway and Paris has the best in the world. I'm holding my breath until I get to the Louvre!
This is the courtyard as you enter the Musee National de Moyen Age. There are many walled courtyards in Paris as one would expect. In fact, the city really does look like the pictures you see in books and postcards. They don't just show a few highlights - a large portion of the city actually looks like a coffee table book. It's fantastic!
True medieval architecture - awesome, right?
Statuary.
Stained glass.
Tapestry.
Heads of the Kings of Judah that at one time decorated Notre Dame.
And their bodies...
There are just too many pictures to share on this blog. I will print them once I am back in the States and assemble an album or three. Just wanted to share a little of what I was privileged to see today. More to come!
2 comments:
I'm sure there must be a real story about why the heads of the kings got separated from the bodies! :-) Fabulous pics!!!
Lovin' the courtyard.
Post a Comment