This morning was my French placement test for the classes I will be taking at the Catho. After the testing, some friends and I went to a bookstore called Shakespeare and Company where I bought an English version of "Le Petit Prince" - a classic children's book by a French author. Later we met up with Dr. Clark for a tour of Notre Dame and a few other places.
You can see the gray clouds behind the cathedral - its been cloudy and rainy here for most of my stay. But its Paris - so who cares about the weather - right? Here are a few interior shots from Notre Dame:
Its very difficult to get good shots inside these humongous buildings with my little point and shoot digital camera. It certainly doesn't capture the awe-inspiring beauty!
The famous and beautiful rose window.
This is an enormous organ in St. Paul's (another church we visited today):
Notice the tiny person in front of it - she's seated in a chair praying. This gives you an idea of the size of this organ.
Now for some silly shots:
Me and my ice cream by the Seine River.
This ice cream, as a matter of fact. A double dipper of chocolate and coffee.
An accordian player on a bridge over the Seine.
A super cute French bakery! I didn't eat there but had to take a pic because its so adorable!
Diner time has arrived so I must leave you mes amis! I will post again soon.
2 comments:
I loved the pics of the churches - truly awesome!!! Also the one of you with your ice cream. It looks good enough to eat! Pun intended. :-) It looks like you're having a wonderful time. I'm getting so excited about coming and I miss you a lot. We're having a lazy day for a holiday. I guess in Paris it's not a holiday, right? Love you lots!
No holiday in Paris today - in fact I had forgotten at one point that this is Memorial Weekend in the States. I hope it was relaxing and fun for you. I miss you a lot too. Your going to love it here!
Post a Comment