Friday, March 12, 2010

Midterms...

I would have posted again sooner, but this week before spring break has been crazy!  Lots of homework and two tests (and I hear that I had it easier than most), locking my keys in the pickup, forgetting to bring my birth certificate with me the day I applied for my passport, etc.  You know - typical airheaded stuff that I do on a regular basis.

Progress made on my Paris trip:  applied for passport, bought new purple luggage (more visible at the airport), and am continuing to tweak my wardrobe - ok, buy a NEW wardrobe.  I can't lie.  I have nothing much that fits beyond sweats, one pair of jeans and multiple K-State tees and a sweatshirt.  Can you say - FLEECE - that's my wardrobe in a word.

Still to do for my trip:  apply for a visa, continue to secure funding sources, and get an A in French class!

Last weekend I had my hair colored and cut short!  Still getting used to it, but think I like it.  Its very easy to style.  I love that part!  I'll post a pic soon.

My days seem to pass in a flurry of classes, homework, working at my job in Hale Library, trying to be a wife and mom, and worrying about my French speaking skills (or lack there of).  I'm trying to cram all of those words and phrases into my brain but worry about looking stupid once I'm in France.  Well, its going to be so great, that looking dumb probably won't bother me. 

Rick, Blaine and I are going to see Cory this weekend in Nebraska.  He just turned 21 and wants his mom to cook a birthday dinner!  Chili and cherry cheesecake.  Oh, and don't forget to bring some Tallgrass beer too!  He likes the beer from our local microbrewery.  What a kid!  The good news is that I can get a lot of homework done in 12 hours of riding in the truck (6 there and 6 back).  So - the rest of spring break will be free.

Ok - need to publish and get on with my day!  Happy spring break to those of you who get to enjoy one!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Guess what? You'll look stupid to the French no matter how hard you try not to, DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT!