When I turned 40, I knew it was time to do all of those things I'd been putting off until "someday." I started running and finished a 5K, I started classes for my B.S. degree, and I spent 6 weeks studying in Paris. What will be next?
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Weight Watchers
I've been following the Weight Watchers program since before last Thanksgiving - so about 18 weeks now. I've lost a total of 18.2 pounds during that time and am very excited about it! No, I don't always follow the plan exactly and I don't always keep my food journal updated, but I've learned to pay great attention to portion size. Just being AWARE of what I eat has helped me tremendously. I have also learned to substitute healthier foods for more fattening ones. I had gotten into the habit of eating ice cream after supper at night, and now I eat sherbet instead since it is non-fat. I eat it from a very small bowl to help with portion control. I had been exercising regularly up until 3 weeks ago. I got out of my routine and haven't jumped back in yet. I like jogging and feel so much more energetic and happy when I do it regularly. I had planned to do a half-marathon in early June this year, but my study abroad plans conflicted with that so I don't have a particular goal in mind at this time. Thus, the lack of motivation. Maybe I should get online and check for an organized event in the late summer or fall. Great idea! I'll see what I can find.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
let me know-we can do it together!
You'll have to jog in France and let us know if it's any more fun there or not ;0)
Post a Comment