Today was absolutely insane. I rushed to campus this morning in time to boot up my laptop and be prepared for online summer and fall enrollment when it opened at 8:00 AM. I was able to get all of my classes for summer and fall except those French classes for which I need special permission - that should be taken care of soon. I had only my French class this morning and then free time between 9:30 and 12:00 when my shift began at work. I ran errands and accomplished much, but almost ran over a bicycle and rider on my way out of the KSU parking lot! People are always just rush around, not looking where they are going (including me apparently). That was heart attack #1 of the day.
As I was sitting at work answering the switchboard, I decided to make a phone call on my cell during a lull. "Oh, gee, I have voicemail from yesterday. That's odd." It was the international study abroad office saying that they were holding my spot for the Paris trip but I HAD to get my paper copy application and transcript to them ASAP and would I please call. Heart attack #2!! I had misread emails from the three parties involved in this study abroad trip and had missed my application deadline. I had already paid $2500 to the KSU study abroad office toward the trip and purchased my airline tickets. Plus my mom and stepsister just purchased THEIR airline tickets and booked the hotel for a week long stay AFTER my study abroad ends. Major stress. Between that and too much caffeine for the day, I was very close to having a full-blown panic attack! But I made my phone call to ISA and printed my paper application, filled it out, and will take care of the rest tomorrow including overnight mailing all to ISA. Disaster averted!! Whew! That was close...way too close!
In light of this very stressful event, I'm off to bed early to recover. Au revoir, mes amies!
2 comments:
OH geez Michele, I think I would have passed out from breathing frantically or holding my breath, at that last one!
oh gosh- I would've had a heart attack! lol- good thing it was fixed! lol
Post a Comment