Monday, April 26, 2010

Beth Moore Simulcast

On Saturday, my mom and I attended a simulcast at University Christian Church in Manhattan.  It was awesome!  It was like rain seeping into my parched soul.  I've been confused and questioning my faith since beginning college at Highland almost a year and a half ago.  I began doubting my faith in Jesus for the first time since becoming a Christian when I was 12.  Even through my family's most difficult times I had never doubted God's existence or His love for me, so this questioning surprised me, caught me off guard.  I became unsure that Jesus is truly God's son or just another prophet.  But as I listened to Beth Moore speak on Saturday, I felt a reawakening of my spirit.  I felt God's spirit filling me up inside and remembered that God can't be proven scientifically or historically.  That is why our belief is called FAITH.  And I remembered that I've experienced Jesus in my life, I've felt His love, I've been moved by His spirit.  So, there's no reason for me to question Him, I'm left only to question what we humans do here on Earth that we SAY is in His name.  My beliefs might not be exactly the same as the Christian sitting next to me and that's okay.  Our Holy Bible has been translated and interpreted many times so who can be absolutely certain that what we are now reading is 100% correct.  It also seems that within the Christian community different denominations interpret the Bible differently and have difficulty agreeing on common beliefs, thus, the many Christian denominations.  I am putting away my unbelief but not my questions.  I want to maintain my curious nature in order to learn more about God.

I want to thank my mom for inviting me to go with her to Saturday's event and my friend Reyna for answering questions and openly discussing her faith with me.  It is all good!

No comments: